eCommerce personalization can go a milestone in building up a relationship with prospective buyers. It personalizes with every customer by giving them individualized offers, product recommendations and relevant content subject to their previous activity, demographics and other personal data.
As per the latest eCommerce personalization trends, every customer wants more instead of less personalization. According to the market statistics,
- 74% of customers get disappointed when showing them irrelevant content.
- 90% of customers believe personalization is meant for the future.
- 48% of customers like to spend more when their experience is personalized
Personalization is just a way beyond greeting the customer only by their name when they visit your website. Just follow the simple 5-easy-to go steps for making personalization more effective to your businesses:
(1) Provide Tailor made content
Provide every Internet user with meaningful information relevant to their searches. Make use of Artificial Intelligence and continuous machine learning for showing the products and offers that are essential for every customer group irrespective of their profile. AI helps in drawing customer data subject to their likes, dislikes, trends and behaviour and your own customer focused recommendations, personalized search and merchandising that lead to highly effective improvements in online conversion rates. When you know what the buyers are searching for, provide them with relevant content which helps them to make up their mind. Once the purchase is finalized, provide tutorials and instructions to the customers for making the most of their products.
(2) Make the buyers move throughout the buying process
With personalization, you can track every customer through every step of their buying process. You would get to know when to greet the customer by the name when to share with them about more product information which interests them and which products to recommend.
(3) Offer them better product recommendations
These are based on buyers’ previous purchase history. Show them the previous products under different categories, prices, and sellers which induce them to take a look at and prepare their minds for final purchase.
AI-based personalized e-commerce platforms gather behavioural data of each single website visitor with respect to views, searches, purchases and even time of day or amount spent. Analyze the data and identify relationships that help clustering the data as per different customer segments. Classify the users into first time visitors, special cart promotion to VIP customers or offer 25% off during a seasonal duration for all customers who have not purchased in the last 6 months.
(4) Handle the data and deliver a personalized experience across all users
Analyze the large volumes of customer data in real-time using Big data and predict the frequency of every visitor to convert depending on historical interactions of visitors and customers on your website. Provide touch base to every customer and work on segmenting the buyers according to their wishes, wants, tastes, income and any other descriptor you can think of.
(5) Work on maximizing the segmentation benefit
- Make use of pop-ups that encourage the users to sign up for your mailing list, loyalty program or newsletter. This will increase your contact list and help you in setting email marketing campaigns for boosting sales.
- Offer free-shipment: Free shipment generates customer loyalty and increases future sales.
- Reduce the shopping cart abandonment in the following ways :
- Create a user-friendly interface to ease out the navigation and check out process.
- Send shopping cart abandonment emails
- Increase the trust of the prospective buyers by showing them trust symbols and valid SSL certificate
- Show them price match guarantee
- Give them guest checkout option
- Positive customer reviews that build trust through ratings, customer testimonials and reviews which builds the market reputation and creates an impact on other customers to buy from you.
- Set automated email marketing campaigns to prospective buyers navigating on their current activity inducing them to take further action such as encouraging cart abandonment users to revisit the site and complete the transaction.
- Provide excellent customer service via social media, live chat, email, phone or customer service centre or helpdesk for resolving the immediate queries of the customers.
- Reward your loyal customers via loyalty programs, reward points, discount coupons or free shipment that encourages maximum sales.
- Sell your products in any innovative way by churning out new innovative marketing ideas to boost up the sales.